Thursday, February 9, 2012

February 9: Our Favorite Shoes

Back in 2009, the first year of this blog, we did a favorite things theme. There have been several blogging ideas that have popped into my mind lately revolving around some of our current favorite things. So, I think I will start an ongoing favorite things theme here, with occasional posts about some of the things we are loving right now.Link
For today: let's talk about my favorite shoes for the girls. Pedipeds!

My friend Kellie first introduced me to pedipeds. While I was initially intimidated by the high price tag, I eventually ordered a pair for Audrey and loved them. Here is Audrey in her first pair of pedipeds back in April of 2010.


Regarding the high price tag: there is rarely a reason to buy these shoes at full price. They regularly hold sales, and you can often find them for 50% off or more. That puts some of the shoes at the same price as Payless or somewhere, and these shoes are way better.

I don't buy pedipeds for every pair of the girls' shoes, but there are a few times when I think they are worth the extra money.

I especially think these are good shoes to buy for the early walking stages. They claim to help kids walk as if they are walking on bare feet, which is the best way to learn how to walk. Since Isla should be walking by this summer, I just got this pair for her (for only $13!):I also think they make good sandals for older kids. I have bought cheap sandals for Audrey before, and they give her blisters on her feet and just looked uncomfortable. The pediped sandals are super cushiony, and while I have never actually worn them, they look comfortable too. Here is the pair I got for Audrey this summer (for $23):(If you think those sandals look exactly like the sandals that Audrey wore last summer, you would be correct. I was late ordering in this sale, and these were the only sale pair of sandals left in Audrey's size. But we liked the sandals a lot last year, and I'm sure we will like them again this year too!)




0 comments:

Post a Comment